Monday, September 9, 2013

The 25 Cent Tour

Yep, this is who I sat by for 8 hours over the pond to Paris. It's never a dull moment.


I accidentally booked a hotel in the middle of little India. Only fitting I guess? Alana didn't quite grasp the numerous conversations about how small hotel rooms are in Europe. 


Naturally she packed a bag that was almost the size of the bed. I repeatedly suggested that Dad and Alana pack in hiking packs. Of course, they didn't. Dad and I kept finding ourselves carrying ALL the luggage while Alana merrily pranced along. Typical.


Alana did not like the bathroom. Let's just leave it at that.

We landed in Paris at 1:30pm, made it to the hotel around 3:30pm, and out the door by 5pm to do the 25 cent tour of Paris. So here is KK's six hour tour of Paris...

Of course the first stop had to play to Dad's love for Le Tour de France, the Arch de Triumph.


I bought three new camera lenses for this trip: the 16mm pancake lens, wide angle conversion and fish eye conversion. I will have to say that the fish eye is really playing to my love of ceilings and arches. 




We decided to walk down the Champs Elysees to Musee de Louvre. We passed by my favorite museum, Musee d'Orsay. It use to be the central train station and the renovations to a museum are truly perfect. 


When you make it to Musee de Louvre, there are three great views to see in my opinion. The first is straight back down the Champs Elysees to see the true grandness of the Arch de Triumph. This picture does not even begin to do it justice.


The second is the Eiffel Tower. At sunset just adds that little something extra...


The last is Musee de Louvre from the gardens. 


The Louvre gardens are fantastic. Just sitting in them, walking through them, and enjoying an espresso while you do it is truly a treat.



The goats add that little something extra...


The Arch de Triomphe du Caroussel outside Musee de Louvre.


Finally, Musee de Louvre. 


The cornerstone buildings are my favorite.


Dad and Alana loved it.


The next stop was Notre Dam but on the way, we took a stroll down Ponts de Arts or as most people know it as Lover's Bridge. Alana freaked out. 


My favorite lock...


The Notre Dam may not be as grand as St. Peter's or Sagrada Familia, but it is mesmerizing. The architecture is perfect.



The Notre Dam is celebrating 850 years so, Happy Birthday. A clear reminder that almost everything outside of the U.S. is older than the U.S....


We ate a true french dinner near the Notre Dam. Dad and Alana loved it. There are very few places in the world where you can eat a five course meal for $25 a person. Dad couldn't get over how fresh the mozzarella is in Paris. 

Our last stop was, of course, the Eiffel Tower. We made it just in time for the lights show. Yes, I am working on editing my video of the light show to share. Patience is a virtue.


I really hate that we only had a few hours in Paris but I think we made the best of it. Hopefully next time we are in my favorite city, I will at least get to do the 50 cent tour.

India to come. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment