Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Valentine's Day with Frida and Diego

Yes, this post is many months late. I do not apologize because it is a miracle that I am remembering to write it.

Most of you know that I am not some mushy, gushy romantic. I do not search around every corner for true love or endlessly dream about prince charming. It just isn't who I am. However, when it comes to art and music, you can just scratch those three sentences you just read. So this year's Valentine's Day, I spent it with my favorite lovers, Frida and Diego, at Atlanta's High Museum.

I am not sure if you are familiar with Frida and Diego; for simplicity's sake, great artists colliding together in a tumultuous love fueled by passion, politics, and art. Frida's quote about life explains their relationship best:

"There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst."

Although we could not take pictures in the Frida and Diego exhibit, that didn't stop me from capturing a few great moments and great works of art.





Frank Lloyd Wright's desk. Inspiration for making my next desk. 



Jeremy in front of a great piece of installation art that allowed one viewer to hear what another viewer was saying from across the room. 


A better picture to understand.


I couldn't resist.

And here are some of my favorite works from the museum (well at least the ones I could take pictures of...)




Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment